In this edition of Dr. Hady Lichaa’s Practice Tips series, Dr. Lichaa explains a new technique in interventional cardiology called “The Live IVUS Stenting technique”. This revolutionary technique simplifies ultra low contrast PCI, while adding an element of high precision, which increases the confidence of operators in deploying a coronary stent without the use of contrast media. It also allows for image based PCI in patients with severe renal insufficiency, when co-registration softwares are not available.
Hady Lichaa, MD, FACC, FSCAI, FSVM, RPVI, is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, and an interventional cardiologist specializing in complex coronary interventions. Dr. Lichaa is a content partner for DocWire News and contributes interventional content several times per month to DocWire News.
Watch previous installments of this series:
- Using Ultrasound to Gain Vascular Access
- Simplifying Coronary Bifurcation
- Ulnar Artery Access and Occlusion Management
- Overcoming Arteria Lusoria
- The Buddy Wire Paradox
- Perforated Balloon No Reflow
- Catheter Telescoping Technique to Overcome Vessel Tortuosity
- Alternative Arterial Access in CLI
- Reversing Patient Cranial Caudal Position