In this edition of Dr. Hady Lichaa’s Practice Tips series, Dr. Lichaa describes “The coronary live IVUS technique” which allows interventional cardiologists to perform high precision PCI with the use of an extremely low volume of iodinated contrast.
Hady Lichaa, MD, FACC, FSCAI, FSVM, RPVI, is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, and an interventional cardiologist specializing in complex coronary interventions. Dr. Lichaa is a content partner for DocWire News and contributes interventional content several times per month to DocWire News.
Watch previous installments of this series:
- Using Ultrasound to Gain Vascular Access
- Simplifying Coronary Bifurcation
- Ulnar Artery Access and Occlusion Management
- Overcoming Arteria Lusoria
- The Buddy Wire Paradox
- Perforated Balloon No Reflow
- Catheter Telescoping Technique to Overcome Vessel Tortuosity
- Alternative Arterial Access in CLI
- Reversing Patient Cranial Caudal Position